Olivier Brochard and the investment fund Peninsular Capital have taken a majority shareholding in Armor Panneaux, a Brittany-based company that produces agglomerate wood panels.
This capital reorganisation involves the investment fund Peninsular Capital taking control of Armor Panneaux. Olivier Brochard, also a shareholder, will be responsible for the governance of the company, as its Chairman.
Patrick Morin, the former head of the company, is also reinvesting in the equity. Ouest Croissance and Unexo Capita, which became minority shareholders when Armor Panneaux was taken over by Patrick Morin in 2013, have sold all their shares.
The transfer took place after a sale process organised by KPMG Corporate Finance. The acquisition was financed by senior debt arranged by Crédit Agricole du Morbihan.
A team of lawyers from Cadence Avocats, consisting of Florian Petit (Partner) and Mélissa Gautier (Associate), supported Olivier Brochard in this deal, both on the acquisition of equity in the takeover holding company and the negotiation of his corporate mandate and management package.
Armor Panneaux was established in 1969. It has 100 staff and a turnover of €20 million. Its production site in Val d’Oust (56) is the only factory in Brittany making agglomerate panels. The company is developing a complementary business in timber trading.
Involved in the deal
- Chairman, purchaser: Olivier BROCHARD
- PENINSULAR CAPITAL: Adrien d’AURIOL, Antoine BROUSSE, Virginie MILLIET
- Vendors (individual): Patrick MORIN, Eric WAISSE
- Vendors (investors): Ouest Croissance (Adeline DROGOU, Laurent BODIN), Unexo Capital (Baudoin GOUVENOU)
- Debt: Crédit Agricole Morbihan (arranger), CIC Group, BNP Paribas
- Lawyers for the purchasers:
Olivier BROCHARD: CADENCE AVOCATS (Florian PETIT, Mélissa GAUTIER)
PENINSULAR CAPITAL: DEPREZ GUIGNOT & ASSOCIES (Grégoire GUIGNOT, Alizé LAFON)
- Lawyers for the vendors (individuals and investment funds): Cornet Vincent Ségurel (Pierre LAMIDON, Pauline JOLIVET, Lucas DESILES)
- M&A advice to the selling President: KPMG Corporate Finance (Nicolas MANCEAU, Guillaume CARREAUD, Romain AUTULY)
- Vendor Financial Due Diligence: Oderis (Julien PASSERAT, Maxime GIRARD, Camille BLEUNVEN).